Here comes the time to close a notebook. Its pages are filled with words, but most importantly, with experiences, thoughts and feelings. I had a lot to learn from this year.
The year of 2017 was one of growth, development and change for me. It was, indeed, the year of coming of age for me. I went through both positive and negative situations that helped me become the person that I am today.
However, we should learn from our mistakes and cherish the wonderful moments in our lives.
This is my “best of 2017”:
- I got a new phone.
- I published some poems in a local newspaper.
- I took part in an essay contest and even though I did not win a prize, I won experience.
- I celebrated with friends.
- I ate fortune cookies for the first time. (wonderful)
- I managed to read 27 books.
- I started watching Stranger Things.
- I passed my CAE exam.
Now, it is time to open a new notebook and document the rollercoaster of my life throughout the following year.
I am grateful for 2017 and I am excited to see how 2018 will be!
I wish you all, dear readers, a powerful, exciting and wonderful 2018! But don’t forget… in order for it to be like that, you must take action!
Happy New Year!